Adding Value Grant opportunities for farmers

A reminder that there are just a few days left to make your application to the Adding Value Grant from the RPA as part of the Farming Transformation Fund – the closing date for submissions is 21st July.  The funding is available to producers looking to add value to eligible agricultural products such as arable and horticultural crops, livestock products and non-food crops.

The grant will pay for eligible capital items including:

  • equipment for preparing or processing edible agricultural products for added value sales
  • equipment for ‘second stage’ processing of grain – for example, colour sorting, blending
  • equipment for processing non-edible agricultural products into new products (for example, flax, hemp, wool, hides, and skins)
  • equipment for retailing eligible agricultural products (for example, vending machines or display facilities)
  • premises for the preparation or processing of added value agricultural products, including associated integral storage areas

Tom Arthey, director of Arthey Associates says: “Grants of between £25,000 and £300,000 are available and will cover 40% of the project cost, with the remaining 60% being covered by the farmer or landowner; so if you were already planning to invest in one of the eligible capital items, it makes complete sense to submit an application for this funding.”

Arthey Associates advises its clients that the grant is competitive and will prioritise funding for projects that:

  • increase, improve or introduce new processing capabilities
  • grow your business – to improve business resilience
  • process products for the first time
  • shorten supply chains
  • encourage collaboration and partnerships
  • improve environmental sustainability

With a competitive nature to the success of applications for the Adding Value Grant, Arthey Associates is ready to help you prepare your application, should you need that support.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s